The world through the eyes of a baby boy.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mama's Day! (and the best give I had to give)

Today was Mother's Day. It was my mommy's second one ever. I didn't have much to give her but hugs and kisses and smiles and giggles and one thing she's been waiting and waiting for and starting to get very impatient over.

I WALKED!

I took my first real steps. Mommy screamed and clapped and smiled so big. She was so excited. And it was a weekend, so Daddy got to be home and see it too!

Mommy grabbed the camera because she knows how much I love to ham it up, but the batteries were dead, so she couldn't video it or take any pictures. She was very sad about that :( , but then Daddy put it into perspective for her. He said "You got to see it, and how beautiful and perfect it was in person, so just remember it." She told me he was absolutely right. I did it for them (I did) and they are my Mommy and Daddy and it was something special that they didn't have to share with the world just yet.

But I am going to keep practicing so I can show Grandma and Auntie Amber and Uncle Steve, and all my awesome cousins how good at it I am when I see them next!

Since the camera died today, here is a cute picture of me napping from this week for aesthetics:


No comments: