The world through the eyes of a baby boy.

Monday, January 14, 2008

No High Chairs?

Mommy, daddy and I went out for a nice day yesterday. We went to downtown to see Daddy's new office building, then we picked up grandma and Steve to go to lunch. We went to a historic restaurant called Clifton's Cafeteria that mommy has been wanting to try and grandma remembered going to when she was a little girl. It was not very good and more expensive than expected for being cafeteria style where you serve yourself and aren't getting much service. Plus they sent us upstairs to sit and I was in a stroller. Do you know how hard it is to get a stroller up a flight of stairs, especially when you have a tray of food in your hands?

Then after we dropped off grandma we decided instead of going straight home we'd go to Arnie Morton's because we weren't really satisfied from our lunch. We parked at daddy's old office building and went to go try Morton's (we'd never been there before). Well lets just start by saying if they don't have highchairs its probably not the type of place you're supposed to take a baby. But I'll tell you what, I am the exception. We got a booth where my stroller could sit at the end without being in anyone's way, and I was a quiet, good boy the entire time. I was SO well behaved. All day long everyone from grandma and Steve to our waitress and the maitre d kept saying I was such a good boy and they couldn't believe how well I was behaving. I rock dude! The food was REALLY good there btw, well thats what mommy and daddy said, I didn't try any. :(

When we got back to the car daddy was messing around tipping me backward in my new umbrella stroller and he learned that I can slide out if he does that :)

(I DID have socks on, but I ate them)

But don't worry, I started sliding really slowly and I was right against the ground, so there were no bumps or falls or injuries.

I'm just fine.

We had a great weekend. I rested a lot today since everything was so exciting yesterday. I practiced standing a lot, ate a ton of food and read books with mommy:)

I also happened to get my hands on the diaper cream when mommy wasn't looking today and when she found me it was on my face and toes and toys... it was fun while it lasted.

I wanna practice standing some more now though, so I gotta get off the computer to do that. Good night!

No comments: