The world through the eyes of a baby boy.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bookaneer

Yesterday daddy, mommy and I went to the library! I got to be a Bookaneer just like Elmo! We didn't get to take any pictures inside the library, mommy thought it might be rude, but here's a picture of me on the way there in car:

It was fun. We read If I Ran The Zoo by Dr. Seuss. I even sat in a big boy chair all by myself for the first half of it, but then I got wiggly so mommy put me on the kiddie carpet.

I also started drinking my formula out of my sippy cup. Mommy says I'll be off the bottle completely before Christmas. I've always drank my juice from my cup but now I'm starting to drink my formula from it too. Right now I still like my morning and goodnight bottles though, its a comfort thing. But she says she doesn't want me to have an attachment to them.

Oh and you wouldn't believe what happened last night. I was taking my bath and having fun, and I kept standing up in it like I've been doing lately. Mommy starting saying that dumb word "no" again, and like always I ignored it. But then...oh man, you won't believe this...when I stood up again SHE TOOK AWAY MY BATH TOYS! I was flabbergasted, but I just went along with my bath and splashed instead. Then, I stood up again, she said "no" again, then and I stood right back up and....UGH! SHE RINSED ME OFF AND TOOK MY OUT OF THE BATH!!!!! I usually get ample time to play before and after getting washed, but not last night. Last night it got cut short. She said "Mommy's not being mean, it's just not safe Ari, and you have to learn no" then took me out and dried me off! How unfair is that?

Earlier in the day I was throwing my toys out of my swing onto the floor to illicit her reaction (I like to watch the effects of my actions right now, like what it sounds like when I hit toys together, or drop them, or getting mommy to bend down and get my toys and hand them back to me after I throw them) and after I did it a few times and she said that "no" thing, instead of picking them back up and handing them to me, she just took me out of my swing and put me on the floor next to them! I have figure out what that word means quick because it always precedes circumstances I don't like. :(

On a happier note, I've been practicing my standing more lately. I try to pull up on whatever I can reach, even if its mommy or daddy's faces (hehe). I've been practicing my stepping a lot too. They let me stand up with the coffee table last night and helped me balance a little as I cruised to the end of it. For some reason I suddenly have an itch to stand and step whenever I can. I just wish I could get that balance thing down.

Speaking of that, I'm gonna go practice now, I'm getting a little restless. Bye!

No comments: