The world through the eyes of a baby boy.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

You know what's a pain in the butt?

....Diaper Rash!

Even though mommy changes my diaper neurotically, and even though she uses diaper cream with every single diaper since I was just a brand new little bugger it still got me. :(

We don't know if it was the spaghetti I ate (they say tomato based foods can cause a rash), the extra drool from my teething on top, or the new wipes (we just switched from Pampers sensitive to Pampers Swipers) but something got to my little bum and now its red and sore and it sucks.

The only good thing that has come out of this is a few extra short cool baths during the day and lots of naked playtime (I LOVE being in birthday suit!) She put oatmeal in one of my baths too, which is weird because I always thought that was to eat not sit in, but whatever, it still splashed just the same! I even got a little nude nap today.

Mommy took everything out of my pack and play, and left it with just the pad that's pretty much water (or pee) proof and a couple of cloth diapers under me and let me revel in my bareness.

So its getting a little better, tonight it looked much less than this morning, and hopefully it will be gone tomorrow. But now I'm gonna go to bed, rest is just about the best thing for any baby ailment mommy says. I just can't believe my luck lately, a cold, then a tummy flu, then a diaper rash during round two of teething. I guess its better to get it all out of the way before our Christmas trip to see Auntie Amber though, right?

No comments: