The world through the eyes of a baby boy.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pretty tiring day

Things are back to normal here.

Nobody is as tense (babies can feel that anxiety, let me assure you), daddy's back at work, and the winds don't sound like they're going to blow the glass out of our windows anymore. The sky outside still looks odd though.

Yesterday we finally made it up to Target to replace my mommy & daddy monitor. The air was still gross but we couldn't wait any longer. Mommy said that they were too loud to keep leaving my door open and waking me up, we HAD TO go get it. We stopped for daddy to get a haircut and mommy took a few pictures of the charred mountains behind and above Whites Canyon, and the smoky sky.

Then we got an oil change at this place that has you stay in the car but brings you cold drinks and stuff. It was really cool. But I got tired off sitting in my car seat, facing away from everyone and not moving.

So mommy and daddy took me out to the front seat. I've never ever been in the front seat before. It is so much cooler up there! There's the radio and more windows and mirrors and a horn! I honked ours and scared the oil change guys by accident. :) I also got to play with the big wheel that turns!

*Yes, I am at the steering wheel. NO we are not moving. The car is parked. The hood is up. The emergency brake is on. The door in front of us is closed. So they are not Britney Spearsing me, just for your peace of mind.

On the way to Target and when we finally got there we also got some pictures of the smoke from the Magic and Ranch fires, and one of those really big crazy planes that does the water drops. Not the super scooper, but it looks more like a C-130 or 747.

While we were shopping we ran into mommy's friend from school who also has a little boy a little older than me so we set up a playdate. How fun that will be! I love baby friends!

We did get to check out parts of the city we heard a lot about from other people, friends, family, others on the internet, and we found that a lot of people exaggerated or were misinformed on what exactly had been destroyed. We had heard the apartments on Whites by Canyon High had burned, they didn't. We heard the Chevron on Sand Canyon had burned, it didn't. We had heard that everything on Shanrgi-la had burned, and as we heard from our friend Jennifer today who was evacuated but is now back home, her neighborhood did not suffer substantial damage and her home is fine thanks to the sprinklers on the back hill.

It is TERRIBLE that some families lost their homes and some lost their business, but all in all the damage is not as bad as I think some may imagine. At least in Canyon Country. Keep in mind however, we are Californians, we live in a place where the ground shakes, and burns, and it doesn't rain for months and months, we have crazy winds, and riots. We some of the only people in the world who can go to the beach, the desert, the mountains and the snow all in the same day. We are strong, we will rebuild, and we will probably make a movie about it!

That was our day, but it was a lot for me, plus it was hot. Now I gotta get back to playing for today, I'm restless from all this computing.

Oh yeah...and we got my Halloween costume...but you'll have to wait till Halloween to see me in it! Mommy says the special thing about costumes is that you only wear them on Halloween. I wanna wear mine all the time though. (Whatever!)

Bye!

No comments: